Dipartimento di Processi Chimici dell’Ingegneria (DPCI) – University of Padova
The Department of Chemical Processes Engineering (DPCI) of the University of Padova promotes, coordinates and performs scientific activities predominantly oriented to the sector of Industrial Chemical Processes Engineering, with reference both to innovative aspects on basic research both to technologic innovation producing effects on the productive context.
Inside of DPCI works the Quality and Environmental Studies Centre (DPCI-CESQA), a research’s team born in the end of 80’s years, in order to realize with the territory research’s projects applied on themes of environmental sustainability and continuous performance improvement.
Thanks to its national and international experience DPCI-CESQA became one of the most innovative and well known research centre on sustainability in Italy. DPCI-CESQA developed several competences in applied research field and is committed in supporting enterprises and public administration with high level consultancy on all the aspects of sustainability: quality, environment, health & safety and social responsibility.
Nowadays the research team is involved in different research fields and contributes to spread the DPCI-CESQA methodology: an integrated approach to guide enterprises and public entities towards sustainable development and international competitiveness.
DPCI-CESQA strongly believe that applied research is a key issue for enterprises and public administration. These subjects need innovative approaches to hit sustainability targets.
Thanks to its holistic approach DPCI-CESQA developed high competences in the following fields:
• Strategic Environmental management: development and application of tools to support environmental performance continuous improvement (i.e. Environmental Management Systems, Territorial Management Systems, Territorial Marketing, Environmental Performance monitoring, evaluation and analysis, Sustainable Tourism).
• Eco-design: tools and methods for innovative processes, procedures, products design with low environmental impacts (i.e. Carbon Footprint Assessment and Management Systems, Water Footprint Assessment and Management Systems, Life Cycle Assessment and design for Environment, Sustainability assessment and Management (Dashboard of Sustainability), Eco-labelling.
• Quality Manageement and Accreditation of laboratories: management systems for quality improvement:
- Social Responsibility: tools and methods to manage social responsibility at enterprise/corporate level.
- Sustainable Energy: tools and methods to assess and improve energy performance (efficiency, use, consumption)